CITY MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION OF OKLAHOMA
Professional Leaders ... Better Communities
CMAO promotes efficiency of city managers, county managers and other urban administrators and aids the improvement of urban administration in general. The association also provides information on matters of interest or concern to all urban governments.
(PDF) Benefits of Membership in CMAO
ICMA Code of Ethics
- active urban administrators are eligible. Any person who is the administrative head of a municipality or county may be admitted upon the recommendation of one active member. Members may also be assistants working in a direct subordinate capacity to the City Manager. Assistants will have one or more years of management experience and receive membership classification after being recommended by their manager or administrator. Only full members have voting privileges. Membership fees are based on the manager's salary range.
- open to all who desire to affiliate with CMAO, such as Mayors, department heads, COG directors and staff, and urban researchers. To qualify for membership, submit an application along with the endorsement of your administrative employer and one active member of the Association. Cooperating members do not have voting privileges. Membership fees are based on salary range.
- available to any individual or corporation. Affiliate members are eligible to participate in all activities of the Association, including participation at conferences, educational programs and seminars. You will receive all information sent to CMAO members but you may not serve as an officer and will not have voting privileges. The first affiliate member of a company or organization can join for $300 per year. Each additional member of the same company or organization pays $150 per year.
- open to an enrollee in an accredited college or university in Oklahoma by virtue of declaration of preparing for urban administrative work and enrollment in a school which would be considered proper training for this type of work such as: engineering, political science, business administration, public administration or any other course acceptable to the Board of Directors. Complete the application form and obtain the endorsement of one member of CMAO and the major instructor of the school in which you are enrolled. Student members do not have voting privileges. Student members pay membership fees of $15 per year.
- former urban administrators in good standing in the organization may continue membership as an inactive member. You cannot hold office and will not have voting privileges. Your application will be subject to review and approval by the Board of Directors every two years. Inactive members pay membership fees of $25 per year.
MPA Professors -
Professors of an accredited college or university in Oklahoma who teach in areas which would be considered proper training for urban administrative work such as: engineering, political science, business administration, public administration or any other course acceptable to the Board of Directors. MPA professors pay membership fees of $30 per year.