1. If you learn of another member who is in danger of being unemployed or is already unemployed, notify the CMAO Executive Director as soon as possible. The Executive Director will contact the member to discuss the situation and explain MIT services. The Executive Director will notify the MIT Committee Chair and the CMAO President who will also contact the Board Member for the district who will lend support.
2. We will waive membership dues for up to one year while you are in transition and seeking local government employment. You will retain all membership privileges of your current membership category.
3. CMAO will continue to send regular communication.
4. We will waive all conference registration (and included meals) for the conferences (summer and winter) during the time you are in transition. We will also cover the cost of lodging when the conferences or meetings are more than an hour’s drive from your home.
5. We will notify association members of all members in transition and encourage interim employment as part-time/contract consultants.
6. We are excited to announce that the CMAO Board has approved long-time City Attorney Mike Vanderburg, most recently the Ponca City Attorney, to serve as an MIT attorney for City Managers. Mr. Vanderburg is available to counsel City Managers in regard to any employment concerns, including contract review, hiring or separation. CMAO members may contact Mr. Vanderburg at firstname.lastname@example.org or (918) 691-8686, free of charge. Any contact will remain confidential as he will not make any report that discloses individual names. We hope this is a valuable service to you if needed.
7. We will assist you in preparing, reviewing and printing a resume.
8. CMAO Resolution 2008-01 (PDF) regarding the proper hiring process for city managers in the State of Oklahoma is available for you to include with the resume/application.